Back to Events
28.10.2013 - 02.11.2013 - Vigilance Awareness Week in HEC
"Vigilance Awareness Week" was observed in Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited, Ranchi on the theme of "Promoting Good Governance - Positive Contribution of Vigilance", in a befitting manner from 28.10.13 to 02.11. 13, as per instructions of Central Vigilance Commission.
The following activities were organized during the vigilance awareness week:-
- Banners, posters etc. were displayed in a conspicuous manner at prime locations at the Hqrs. office of HEC Limited, as well as in all the Plants/Units – FFP, HMBP, HMTP, Project Division & Plant Hospital.
An Inaugural Function was held at HEC Hqrs. on 28.10.13, where Oath/ Pledge was administered by Sri R. Misra, CMD, HEC to all the Directors, GMs and other HODs. The messages of Hon'ble President, Vice President, Prime Minister of India and leader of Opposition were read out by the Directors, while the message of Central Vigilance Commission was read out by CVO/HEC.
- A presentation on "Promoting Good Governance - Positive Contribution of Vigilance" was given by Sri Ravindra Verma, Chief Vigilance Officer, HEC Limited before CMD, Directors, GMs/HODs and other officers of the Corporation during the inaugural function.
- On 28.10.13, Oath/Pledge to all the officers/employees of the Hqrs. office of HEC was administered by Sri Ravindra Verma, CVO/HEC. GMs/CMO administered the oath to the officers/employees of their respective units at FFP, HMBP, HMTP, Hospital etc.
- An In-house Journal, "SPARK-II" compiled by Vigilance Department of HEC Limited containing latest CVC Circulars/Guidelines as well as vigilance related articles was released by Sri R. Misra, CMD, HEC Limited on 28.10.2013.
- Debate/speech competition for Employees was held at each plant/units on the topic "Necessity of vigilance for Eradication of Corruption from Govt. PSUs" from 28.10.13 to 02.11.13. CVO and other Vigilance Officers attended the debate/speech competition at each plant/unit and also held interactive sessions with the officers/employees present, on the need for vigilance awareness and action to be taken against corrupt practices in the organization.
- Drawing/painting competition for students of HEC Schools on "Corruption Related Topic" and Essay competition for HTI students on the topic of "Eradication of Corruption" were organized on 29.10.13.
- A "Valedictory Function" was held on 2nd November 2013 at HEC Hqrs. where prizes of debate/speech competition were distributed to the participants. Special Prizes were given to 11 (eleven) officers for actively participating in Vigilance Activities.
The need for transparency, fairness, accountability in decision making and timely action on the recommendations sent by Vigilance Department was stressed by Sri Ravindra Verma, Chief Vigilance Officer, HEC Limited in his address to the officers of the Corporation. The officers were also addressed by CMD & Directors who also instructed the officers to ensure transparency, integrity and fairness in decision making in the Corporation.
- Wide coverage was given by local media to all the activities held during " Vigilance Awareness Week 2013" in HEC Ltd., Ranchi.
Click here for photo collection of this event
Back to Events